Wednesday, July 4, 2012

A little work

Very very small work, but it's summer and customers are waiting for September in order to start with projects...
Anyway, I consider this a remarkable work because it has been done entirely in Blender 2.6!
I used QCad (3.0rc5) and AutocadWG (on chrome) to prepare DWG files, Blender to match the camera and model, and Cycles for rendering stage.
Postproduction and photoreplacement with Photoshop.


Before...

I wish to post some screencast in order to show you my workflow with architectural projects.
First, I import DXF files with plants, sections, ... already cleaned and lighter than architect's version. I put them in the right position and begin to model over the reference.
As everyone usually teach, you have to study a little before: take your time to study the project and to identify symmetries, similar volumes, and all those elements that you can represent as instanced objects. This will save lot of time after.








During modelling stage I begin to separate objects with different materials, assigning materials with diffuse similar to the final shade. This is useful for shading stage.
Once I've modeled almost everything, I start to texture models that need this work. For example, as you can see in the image I've modeled all that 'columns' as single objects but during the shading process I decided to slice them.





Here I got a big object subdivided into lot of 'bricks'. I choose to do this beacuse of the material's feature and because in this way I was able to use my script very easly.



A few word about bushes and green stuffes: I've imported some models and I've used particle systems in order to get them scattered on surfaces.
I MUST thanks this guy: Agus3D on BlenderArtist beacuse he found and shared a usefull technique to manage tons of polys.
Have a look to this wonderful thread:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?249664-UPDATED-.bend-19-Billions-of-Polygons-not-a-ridiculous-number-anymore 



I want to share my shaders and textures with little tutorials about "how I did it". Please be patient, it requires time :-)


Greetings from Berlin,
Pietro

3 comments:

  1. Nice work, looks really good. I always like to see Blender Arch Viz, being a architect and working mainly with archviz

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great Pietro!
    I'm fascinated by adding CG features/objects to a real photograph, and video.
    I decided I'd start with the former, and then try video.
    This said, I had tried a videotutorial from Mookie, but I'm having a hard time matching the camera lens' focal length. You can see the video here: https://vimeo.com/11336409
    If I may ask, how did you get that part done (matching your camera to the photograph)?

    Thanks in advance Pietro :)

    JDL

    ReplyDelete