Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Camera target in Blender 2.6

Ok, this could be obvious for most of you. For me it wasn't and I have to search for it every time I begin a new work.

So: in 3DStudioMax you have "free camera" and "targeted camera". The former is only a camera which can be translated and rotated, the latter is a camera linked to a dummy object (the target). You can't rotate this kind of camera because it rotates itself looking to the target.

In Blender you've got only one Camera, which is a "free camera" type; but what if one (like me) feels more comfortable moving the target and having a camera that looks at it?

1 - create a camera [shift+A, "camera"]
2 - create empty object [shift+A, "empty"]
3 - select camera
4 - select empy [shift+select]
5 - make track [ctrl+T]
6 - select "track to constraint"

I think this is the Blender way for 3DS' "look at" constaint.


Ciao!
Pietro

No comments:

Post a Comment